A dive that should not be missed
If you have been to Maldives, then you won’t need an introduction to this dive site.
Kandooma Thila this is rewarded as the best of South Male’ atoll.
A tricky site to dive with strong current as the top reef is at around 16 to 17 meters and the thila is not long. A quick descent is necessary and in strong current to maximize your dive time, don’t drift yourself at once, make it as a “stop and go” by hooking to the reef or holding on to dead coral.
The local dive guides will recommend you the best way to dive here during the dive briefing.
Type of Dive Site: Thila
Location: South Male’ Atoll / Between Cocoa Island and Kandooma Island.
Depth Range: 16m – 30m
Fish Life: Excellent with Gary reef sharks, white tip, eagle rays, pelagic etc…..
Coral Growth: Excellent soft corals growth and hard corals
Features: Fish Life, coral growth and Reef formation
Diving Hits and Current: With both in and out going current kandooma thila offers a promising dive. A quick descend is necessary as subjected to strong current most of the time.
- “Voshimas Thila” a very challenging dive
- Signs of recovery from â€œEl NiÃ±oâ€
- Black Pearl dives Kandooma Thila, Vaagali Thila & Medhu Faru
- MV Sting Ray arrives to south Ari atoll today after the first dive.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Dives at Kandooma Thila and Crosses Over to South Ari Atoll
- Fish Head: all time favorite dive site.
- Caves and over-hangs: Great place for macro photography.
- Dhonkalo Thila; a prominent dive site for Manta Ray.
- Divers on Adventurer 2 encounter a Guitar Shark at south Ari atoll, Kunburudhoo Thila.
- â€œHimandhoo Thilaâ€ a favorite dive site in Ari Atoll.