Adventurer 2 diverâ€™s witnessed 30 manta rays at Dhonkalo Thila.
This morning at Dhonkalo Thila the current was flowing from east to west, with medium out going current and good visibility.
We began the dive half way of the Thila and drifted to the very end, while reef on the left shoulder as our orientation. Before reaching the point where we planned to stop, we started to see the mantas.
Witnessing manta rays countless at one dive site is a scene that simply can’t be describe in words. Simply put it’s totally an awesome view; you see mantas every direction that you turn.
On the way returning from the dive we count how many mantas we have see or captured on video? 30 manta rays in one scene!!!!
Dhonkalo Thila; A notorious site for sighting mantas and when the luck strikes it’s incredible. This is not an everyday diving experience but to be totally honest at Dhonkalo Thila the exact number or more manta rays have been witnessed before by Live aboard divers.
Mushimasmingili Thila (Fish Head) was our second dive at 14:30. With a mild current dive began at the up current and again simply put a "fish soup".
Underwater we were greeted by friendly resident napoleon, ,4 Gray reef sharks circling out in the blue water, white tips, turtles on the reef top, school of jack fish and eagle rays.
After dive all went off for a late afternoon fishing and caught 2 sail fish which was served delicious made as "today’s catch" for dinner.
- Dhonkalo Thila; a prominent dive site for Manta Ray.
- Manta rays gliding above and near.
- Adventurer 2 reports Manta Ray at Boduhithi Thila north Male’ atoll.
- Adventurer 2 crew defeats diverâ€™s team.
- Divers on Adventurer 2 encounter a Guitar Shark at south Ari atoll, Kunburudhoo Thila.
- Black Pearl divers end the day after Maaya Thila night dive.
- Black Pearl divers discover frog fish at Dega Thila, north Ari atoll.
- Adventurer 2 discovers guitar shark once more at Fish Head, north Ari atoll.
- Manta points are worth repeating second time.
- From Whale Shark to Manta Rays.