Adventurer 2 Faces the Start of Monsoon Change
No Visibility, No Mantas
We began our morning at 07:00 AM, and the current was strong and flowing outward at Dhonakalo Thila, but there was poor visibility, and we ended the dive without seeing a single manta.
Coral Variety and Blue Striped Snapper
On the second jump to Maalhos Thila (Blue Caves) we experienced a medium/strong current, and had good visibility. On this dive, we had one of the best coral diving experiences so far. No big fish, but still lots of small tropical species, such as a dense school of blue stripes snappers inside the caves and overhangs.
Our third dive site today was Dhigaa Thila (also called Raidhigaa Thila), and with almost no current and poor visibility we began the dive from the rubble area on the eastern side of the thila, and drifted through the caves and overhangs. We saw a few gray reef sharks and other tropical reef fish.
After dive everyone went off to an island to enjoy the late afternoon before heading to the boat to prepare for the Boduberu. Once all the passengers were ready, we set off for the beach barbecue dinner on the island.
- Adventurer 2 discovers guitar shark once more at Fish Head, north Ari atoll.
- Adventurer 2 facing poor surface conditions at north Ari atoll
- Adventurer 2 trades barbecue for a night dive at Raidhigaa Island House Reef.
- Adventurer 2 unveils Maaga Thila for their divers.
- Adventurer 2 locates whale shark under rainy conditions at Holiday Island Beyru.
- Black Pearl divers catch sight of Silver Tip Reef Sharks at Bathala Maaga Kan Thila.
- Adventurer 2 concludes its diving season
- Adventurer 2 seeks for more sharks at Guraidhoo Corner.
- Adventurer 2 reports Manta Ray at Boduhithi Thila north Male’ atoll.
- Adventurer 2 dive and snorkel with whale shark at Sun Island Beyru.