Adventurer 2 reports Manta Ray at Boduhithi Thila north Male’ atoll.
On the 12th we made our first dive at Nassimo Thila. At 6:30 we began with good visibility and strong current. This week our divers got to witness this oval shaped Thila (reef that rises sharply to the surface of the water) located in the north Male’ atoll. Rising up to 10 – 12 meters from the surface, the main attraction of Nassimo Thila is the series of scattered coral chunks in deeper depths.
These coral blocks are covered with pastel colors of soft coral. The abundant fish life, like lagers pelagic and the invertebrates makes this Thila one of the top dive sites in Maldives.
For the second jump we took the divers to Boduhithi Thila at 10:30, which is located on the western side of the north Male’ atoll. The thila rises up to 8 meters below the surface of the water while the sides of the Thila slope down to a sandy bottom at 30 meters deep. The sand bays on the top reef provide cleaning stations for manta rays. We were lucky and saw seven manta rays during the dive.
After returning to the Adventurer 2 we started to cross the channel heading to the north Ari atoll. We aimed for Maayafushi lagoon and were able to take a night dive at Maaya Thila.
With almost no current and a notoriously amazing fish life during the night, Maaya Thila once again held its reputation.
- Adventurer 2 facing poor surface conditions at north Ari atoll
- Black Pearl Dives at North Male Atoll at Lankan Manta Point
- Adventurer 2 unveils Maaga Thila for their divers.
- Adventurer 2 discovers guitar shark once more at Fish Head, north Ari atoll.
- Adventurer 2 dive and snorkel with whale shark at Sun Island Beyru.
- Galileo Reports Seeing 17 Dolphins in South Male Atoll
- From north Male’ atoll to South Male’ Atoll
- Divers on Adventurer 2 encounter a Guitar Shark at south Ari atoll, Kunburudhoo Thila.
- Black Pearl Dives North and South Male Atolls – Miyaru Faru, Kuda Giri & Kandooma Thila
- Adventurer 2 reports 3 whale sharks yesterday at south Ari atoll.