Adventurer 2 Scores Two Whale Sharks Today While Snorkeling
Adventurer 2 Hope to Find Whale Shark
The liveaboard moved from Raidhigaa lagoon and came near Rangali Madivaru Manta Point, and the first jump into the water was at 7:30. To our surprise we saw a total of 6 mantas at the cleaning station before beginning the hunt for whale sharks.
Whale Sharks Spotted
After getting back to the boat we took off all our gear except dive fins, mask and snorkel and we took off to find our whale sharks. By 11:00 we spotted 2 whale sharks and spent about half an hour snorkeling with them.
The second submersion was at Maamigili Reef, and everyone was hoping that we would come across a whale shark, but instead of a seeing a giant fish, we were met by a few, tiny, ghost pipe fish.
Exploring a Sunken Ship
The last jump for the day was scheduled for Machafushi Wreck (Kudi Maa Wreck). At 15:30 we get in the water and are met with a mild current, and good visibility. Due to excellent conditions we had the chance to explore the whole wreck. The dive began near the reef from Machafushi and we navigated to the wreck.
Once at the wreck we started exploring under the keel where nurse sharks commonly rest. No luck with nurse shark, but we continued swimming thorough the openings on either side to explore inside the cargo hold of the wreck. We then headed up to the deck area and to end the dive returned back to the reef.
The Adventurer 2′s final anchorage for the night is at Dhangethi lagoon and after anchoring all went off to the local island for an evening island excursion.
- Adventurer 2 locates whale shark under rainy conditions at Holiday Island Beyru.
- Adventurer 2 dive and snorkel with whale shark at Sun Island Beyru.
- Adventurer 2 concluded last week diving after seeing more sharks and begins the new week today.
- Adventurer 2 seeks for more sharks at Guraidhoo Corner.
- Whale Sharks in the Maldives
- Adventurer 2 reports Whale Shark sighting while diving and snorkeling.
- Adventurer 2 trades barbecue for a night dive at Raidhigaa Island House Reef.
- Adventurer 2 reports 3 whale sharks yesterday at south Ari atoll.
- Adventurer 2 concluded their week after early morning Hammerhead dive.
- MV Sting Ray performs top 4 dives today.