Black Pearl dives Kandooma Thila, Vaagali Thila & Medhu Faru
The Black Pearl liveaboard explores the Kandooma Thila, Vaagali Thila & Medhu Faru dive sites in the Maldives…
Kandooma Thila Dive Site
With around 10 to 12 meters visibility, the dive at Kandooma Thila turned out to be a fantastic dive. The divers had the chance to swim with grey reef sharks, white tip reef sharks and, of course, schooling jacks at Jack’s Corner.
Vaagali Thila Dive Site
The Black Pearl Liveaboard‘s second dive was to Vaagali Thila. Vaagali Thila is located southeast of Vaagali, an uninhabited island, and is the perfect dive site for spotting sharks, manta rays, eagle rays, fusiliers and jackfish. Furthermore, schooling snappers are often seen at Vaagali Thila as well.
Medhu Faru Dive Site
The Black Pearl Liveaboard‘s third and last dive of the day was to Medhu Faru, located south of Guraidhoo Island. Medhu Faru offered an easy, relaxing dive where white tip sharks and napoleon wrasse were the highlights.
Second Dive at Kandooma Thila
The Black Pearl Liveaboard ends the week in South Male’ Atoll, with another dive to Kandooma Thila, which ended up being a superb choice. The current conditions were really good with a medium-strong current. Highlights at Kandooma Thila included white tip sharks, grey reef sharks and, to our delight, a mobula, also called a devil fish
Mobula, or Devil Fish
Mobula, also called devil fish, is a genus of ray in the family Myliobatidae (eagle rays). The appearance of a mobula is similar to that of manta rays, which are in the same family. The devil fish can attain a disc width of up to 5.2 meters (17 feet) and tip the scales at over a ton. The mobula is second only to the manta in size. Despite their size, the mobula remains one of the lesser-known ray species.
Mobula rays in the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez) have been reported to breach as high as 2 metres above the sea.
Black Pearl Liveaboard Concludes Another Week of Diving
The Black Pearl Liveaboard will leave their guests at the airport and resume diving on Monday morning.
- Black Pearl Dives North and South Male Atolls – Miyaru Faru, Kuda Giri & Kandooma Thila
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Dives at Kandooma Thila and Crosses Over to South Ari Atoll
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Begins a New Week of Diving Adventures
- Black Pearl performs 3 top dives at Guraidhoo Region.
- Cocoa Corner to Kandooma Thila: A fantastic dive and a must to do.
- Black Pearl Dives at Nassimo Thila & Kuda Giri
- Black Pearl Dives at North Male Atoll at Lankan Manta Point
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Sets Sail for First November Dive
- Black Pearl divers catch sight of Silver Tip Reef Sharks at Bathala Maaga Kan Thila.
- Black Pearl resumes diving after a week of no cruise.