Black Pearl Liveaboard Searches for a Whale Shark
Black Pearl Liveaboard searches for a Whale Shark around the Maldivian Atolls…
After three and a half hours, the Black Pearl live aboard crossed Alihurash Kandu (name given to the channel between Male’ Atoll and Ari Atoll) and reached the Southern Ari Atoll. The weather in the Maldives has been great since day one, and has remained extremely pleasant ever since.
Dive to Omadhoo Thila
On the morning of the 19th, we performed a dive at Omadhoo Thila. The current was relatively strong, and divers had the opportunity to see eagle rays, napoleon wrasse, and dogtooth tuna.
The search for a whale shark began at about 10:00 a.m. and continued till 3:00 p.m. Unfortunately, we did not spot the massive filter-feeder.
Dive to Kuda Rah Thila
The Black Pearl live aboard’s second dive was to Kuda Rah Thila (a protected marine area). With almost no current and visibility around 12 meters, divers got to explorer Kuda Rah Thila at length. With or without current, Kuda Rah Thila has an abundance of fish life and excellent coral growth. Lutjanus kasmira, commonly called bluestripe snapper, is one of the main attractions at Kuda Rah Thila.
Dive to Kudhimaa Wreck, aka Machafushi Wreck
The divers started the 20th with a morning diving at Kudhimaa Wreck, also known as Machafushi Wreck. The Kudhimaa Wreck was purposely scuttled in 1998 to provide a wreck dive for scuba divers (If you enjoy wrecks, check out Maldives Victory Wreck and the Kuda Giri Wreck). The highlights from the Kudhimaa Wreck were sting rays, eagle rays and many more.
Dive to Dhigaa Thila
The second dive of the day was to Dhigaa Thila, where the divers saw a few grey reef sharks and colorful soft coral.
BBQ on Raidhigaa Island
The excellent weather gave Black Pearl Live aboard divers a chance of enjoying a great night of BBQ dinner on Raidhigaa Island.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Reports Whale Shark Sighting at Southern Ari Atoll
- Black Pearl Liveaboard introduces “Guaranteed Whale Shark and Manta Safari” in Maldives!
- Black Pearl Dives at North Male Atoll at Lankan Manta Point
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Sets Sail for First November Dive
- Black Pearl seeks out for whale shark at southern Ari atoll.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Returns to Hulhumale’ Island in Maldives
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Dives at Kandooma Thila and Crosses Over to South Ari Atoll
- Black Pearl Dives North and South Male Atolls – Miyaru Faru, Kuda Giri & Kandooma Thila
- Black Pearl Live Aboard Begins a New Week of Diving Adventures
- Black Pearl cruises towards northern Ari atoll today.