Black Pearl seeks out for whale shark at southern Ari atoll.
The dive to 5 Rock was nice and easy, while the current remained mild throughout the dive and all the divers got to enjoy and observe the beauty of this unique formation of reef.
Although the visibility remained poor (7 meters), the fish life was more than acceptable. Few white tips reef sharks and napoleon were the high light.
The search began after the breakfast on the dive dhoni , starting from Dhigurah Beyru till Maamingili and past Sun Island.
The one we spotted didn’t last very long but at least all the divers could snorkel for about 5 minutes.
The 2nd dive was to Sun Island Outer Reef and on this dive were few turtles and white tip reef sharks.
Third and last dive for the day was to Dhigurah Thila: This spectacular old time favorite is located at the southern Ari atoll a kilometer north of Dhigurah Island. The eastern side of the Thila is exposed to ocean currents and drops quickly down from 8 meters to the ocean plateau at 45 meters. The reef wall is about 400 meters long, the whole length interspersed with caves and overhangs. Midway along the Thila on the eastern side is a fracture in the reef, starting at 15 meters and descending to 40 meters.
Depth range: 8 – 30 meters.
Marine life: The fracture is crowded with marine life of all types and sizes. Check out the coral outcrops along the wall of the Thila. In the southwest monsoon make it a point of watching out for the whale sharks that are commonly seen here.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Reports Whale Shark Sighting at Southern Ari Atoll
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Searches for a Whale Shark
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Dives at Kandooma Thila and Crosses Over to South Ari Atoll
- Black Pearl Liveaboard introduces “Guaranteed Whale Shark and Manta Safari” in Maldives!
- Black Pearl cruises towards northern Ari atoll today.
- Black Pearl Dives at North Male Atoll at Lankan Manta Point
- Sting Ray reports whale shark sighting at White Sands Beyru and Dhagethi Beyru
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Sets Sail for First November Dive
- MV Sting Ray reports whale shark at Holiday Beyru Faru yesterday.
- Second week of diving continues on MV Black Pearl at Ari Atoll.