Channel crossed from north Ari atoll to south Maleâ€™ Atoll.
Diving started at early morning 06:30 at Maaya Thila. This is one of the favorite dive sites for all the divers that come to Maldives. The visibility was very clear with a very mild current.
As always the fish life was great. We started the dive from the coral block, stayed there for 10 minutes as there was 3 Gray Reef Sharks circling.
After that we came to the main reef. Here was the usual stuff; Eagle Ray, Turtle, White Tip Reef Sharks, Octopus. In the Blue water was the Blue Fins Jacks hunting the school of fusiliers together with the Dog Tooth Tuna’s.
For the second dive we moved to the eastern edge of the atoll to Bathalaa Maaga Kan Thila. The visibility was very poor and the current was very strong but we saw something like 20 Gray Reef Sharks.
Due to the unstable weather we decided to cross the channel to South Male’ early. It took about 3 ½ hours to cross the channel.
Third dive we did at Velassaru Caves. The visibility was clear in Male’ Atoll and the current was like "oh my God". We had great drift and saw the usual fish life on the wall and out in the blue water.
All the divers are happy and satisfied as they have seen Manta’s, Gray Reef and of course the mighty Whale Shark.
- Channel diving at Vaavu atoll.
- From north Male’ atoll to South Male’ Atoll
- From Meemu Atoll to South Ari Atoll.
- An atoll only for channel dives.
- South Maleâ€™ Atoll to South Ari Atoll
- The right time for channel diving.
- A remarkable dive site at north Maleâ€™ atoll.
- Meemu atoll protected marine reef.
- Adventurer 2 discovers guitar shark once more at Fish Head, north Ari atoll.
- MV Sting Ray arrives to south Ari atoll today after the first dive.