Fish Head Dive Site
Fish Head (Mushi Mas Mingili Thila) Dive Site in the Maldives
The Fish Head dive site, known as Mushi Mas Mingili Thila in the local Maldivian language of Dhivehi, is a really popular dive site in the Maldives.
Where does Fish Head dive site get its name?
The name Fish Head is given to the site because of the incredible numbers of fish and other interesting marine life found at the dive site. The word head is given because this is a pinnacle, or Thila, site, so there is literally a “head” of coral where all the fish gather.
What Animals can I see at Fish Head dive site?
Fish Head is a great dive site for scuba divers who are fascinated by sharks, since this is a feeding ground for White Tip Reef Sharks. It is also a good spot for Napoleon Wrasse and other large pelagic species. There is also a good chance of seeing schools of Jacks and Trevallies, and the coral formations at the dive site are really spectacular.
Where is Fish Head dive site?
Fish Head dive site is located in the North Ari Atoll of the Maldives. For more information about the exact location, GPS position and more diving hints and tips, visit this page about Fish Head dive site.
- Fish Head: all time favorite dive site.
- Adventurer 2 discovers guitar shark once more at Fish Head, north Ari atoll.
- Banana Reef Dive Site in the Maldives
- Rangali Madivaru Dive Site
- Broken Rock Dive Site in the Maldives
- Banana Reef Dive Site
- Kuda Giri Dive Site
- Dhonkalo Thila; a prominent dive site for Manta Ray.
- Panettone listed as one of the top dive site in north Ari atoll.
- A remarkable dive site at north Maleâ€™ atoll.