From Meemu Atoll to South Ari Atoll.
After diving in Vaavu atoll we moved to the atoll further down which is Meemu atoll. Here the visibility is much better compared to Vaavu atoll. We did a total of 3 dives and all were channel dives.
Mulaku Kandu and Vahhuravalhi Kandu were the best. We saw lots of Gray Reef Sharks and large pelagic.
This morning we crossed the channel to south Ari atoll. We started early morning without any diving.
Diving resumed as soon as we arrived to south Ari atoll. First dive was at 5 Rocks. 5 Rocks is one of the spectacular coral formations in south Ari atoll. The current was quite strong and the visibility was very good. Fish life was great; White Tips, Jacks, Tuna’s and Barracuda.
For the second dive the current got stronger and we couldn’t dive in a Thila so we did Dhigurah Arches. This is a wall dive with lots of caves, over hangs and arches. The fish life was usual with Napoleons, few White Tips and Turtles on the top reef.
- Meemu atoll protected marine reef.
- From north Male’ atoll to South Male’ Atoll
- Hammerheads on early morning dive.
- An atoll only for channel dives.
- South Maleâ€™ Atoll to South Ari Atoll
- Channel crossed from north Ari atoll to south Maleâ€™ Atoll.
- Channel diving at Vaavu atoll.
- Dive the best of Felidhu Atoll, Maldives.
- Divers on Adventurer 2 encounter a Guitar Shark at south Ari atoll, Kunburudhoo Thila.
- MV Sting Ray arrives to south Ari atoll today after the first dive.