Manta rays gliding above and near.
After a long barbecue dinner, diving resume the next day morning at 07:00 and dive briefing at 07:30 for Dhigaa Thila.
The current was medium strong and this made the dive easy. We began the dive at the rubble part of the site and swan out to the blue hoping to see some gray reef shark. After a while we came back to the reef and continued the dive observing the caves and overhangs where the soft coral thrive.
Himandhoo Thila as the second dive with medium incoming from the western side, dive began at the ocean side and we continued to inside the channel. The reef itself has nice underwater scenery with caves, overhangs, tiny channels formed between the large coral blocks.
White tips, turtle and napoleon were among the highlights.
We moved to Dhonkalo Thila (Manta Point) for the third dive. The current remained as medium strong but out going.
As usual the dive began from the sand dune and we drifted to the end of the thila where the mantas gather for cleaning and feeding.
Once we reached the cleaning station we hooked to the sandy bottom and watched six manta rays gliding above and near us for almost the entire dive.
After the dive we moved close to the island Maalhos and anchored for the day.
- Adventurer 2 diverâ€™s witnessed 30 manta rays at Dhonkalo Thila.
- Rangali Madivaru Manta Point repeated today after a majority of vote.
- From Whale Shark to Manta Rays.
- Black Pearl divers discover frog fish at Dega Thila, north Ari atoll.
- Manta points are worth repeating second time.
- Pelagic resident.
- Adventurer 2 reports Manta Ray at Boduhithi Thila north Male’ atoll.
- More mantas on second try at Rangali Madivaru.
- Rangali Madivaru: Manta cleaning station
- Adventurer 2 Faces the Start of Monsoon Change