Meemu atoll protected marine reef.
Our first dive this morning was at Muli Express. We started the dive at 06:30, the current was less and the visibility was very poor.
We began the dive at the outer reef and swim to the channel corner; here the reef stretches to the middle of the channel like a ridge. After staying at the entrance of the channel, we drifted inside. Schooling fish like Humpback Snappers, sweet lips, jack and many more.
Hakura Thila; Gray reef shark nursery and a protected marine area, a pinnacle near the island Hakura Club resort, large overhangs with black corals and loads of glass fish, bat fish and many other abundant fish life. The coral growth is above average.
Third dive at Medhu Kandu, The visibility and the current condition improved for the third dive. 30 to 35 meters of visibility and a perfect current for a channel dive. The channel entrance was as we predicted lots of gray reef sharks, white tips and schooling jack.
- From Meemu Atoll to South Ari Atoll.
- White Tip Reef Sharks; commonly seen on every dive.
- Black Pearl reroute to Ari atoll due to poor current conditions.
- Dolphins while safety stop.
- Channel crossed from north Ari atoll to south Maleâ€™ Atoll.
- The right time for channel diving.
- Black Pearl performs 3 top dives at Guraidhoo Region.
- Best of this week so far.
- Snorkeling after dive.
- An atoll only for channel dives.