MV Sting Ray reports whale shark at Holiday Beyru Faru yesterday.
The first dive began today at 06:30 and we went off to Kuda Rah Thila. After checking the dive guide announce that there are strong currents, we let the divers know that a quick descend was necessary in order to get the best vantage point. We jump a few meters away from the Thila and began navigating to the reef.
The action of the up current created poor visibility but it was clear enough to see the giant dog tooth tunas that were chasing the school of fusiliers at the up current.
After the dive, during breakfast, the Sting Ray sailed to the outer reef in search of whale sharks. Before the search began everyone agreed that we would make only 2 dives and gave more concentration on the search. About 3 hours in we found the first whale shark near Holiday Island Beyru Faru.
Everyone got to snorkel with it while divers who had cams could snap photographs and shoot videos of the massive fish.
For the third dive we moved to western side of the atoll to Raidhigaa Island and dove at Dhigaa Thila. The visibility remained poor on this dive too, but when we observed the caves and overhangs closely we managed to see loads of small stuff.
On returning from the third dive and after a snack everyone went of f to the barbeque feast on an uninhabited Island.
- Sting Ray reports whale shark sighting at White Sands Beyru and Dhagethi Beyru
- Sting Ray Reports Mantas and Whale Shark Sighting Despite Monsoon Weather.
- Adventurer 2 locates whale shark under rainy conditions at Holiday Island Beyru.
- MV Sting Ray: Highest priority for Whale Shark this week
- Adventurer 2 dive and snorkel with whale shark at Sun Island Beyru.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Reports Whale Shark Sighting at Southern Ari Atoll
- Adventurer 2 reports 3 whale sharks yesterday at south Ari atoll.
- Black Pearl seeks out for whale shark at southern Ari atoll.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Searches for a Whale Shark
- MV Sting Ray arrives to south Ari atoll today after the first dive.