No Whale Shark sighting this week.
First dive was at Thinfushi Ethere Thila, originally planned to make the dive on Broken Rock but the current was too strong to try the dive site. Thinfushee Thila was good as there were parts of the reef protected from current, Oriental Sweet Lips, Moray Eels and Turtle inside the cave. The Thila gave nice scenery with all the swaying Gorgonian Fan corals.
After the first dive we started the searched for the whale shark till 11:00 hrs with no luck.
Second dive was at Maamingili Outer reef. The current was very strong on this dive. Everyone was hoping that out of nowhere there will appear a Whale Shark instead we saw 2 huge school of Mobula’s.
The third dive also we made at Maamingli Outer Reef. There was a slow from east to west. Easy and relaxed dive to explore, 2 Mobula’s passed by again. Some guests had the chance to see the Sea Cucumbers spawning.
We had a strange current on this dive. Below 20 meters west to east current with a thermocline and from 14 meters an east to west current. This could have been a reason for the whale shark not to reach shallower waters.
On the dive dhoni after surfacing we had a big school of Dolphins showing off which the guests got to enjoy.
- Adventurer 2 reports Whale Shark sighting while diving and snorkeling.
- Black Pearl Liveaboard Reports Whale Shark Sighting at Southern Ari Atoll
- Sting Ray Reports Mantas and Whale Shark Sighting Despite Monsoon Weather.
- Sting Ray reports whale shark sighting at White Sands Beyru and Dhagethi Beyru
- Theia Maldives diving liveaboard reports Whale Shark sighting @ south Ari atoll !
- MV Sting Ray: Highest priority for Whale Shark this week
- Black Pearl seeks out for whale shark at southern Ari atoll.
- Search for Whale Shark.
- MV Sting Ray reports whale shark at Holiday Beyru Faru yesterday.
- Adventurer 2 locates whale shark under rainy conditions at Holiday Island Beyru.