Rangali Madivaru: Manta cleaning station
We took anchors off at 0600hrs and started sailing from Maamingili Island to the western side of the atoll which was about an hour boat ride to the Manta Point, Rangali Madivaru near Rangali Resort, Conrad Maldives.
Ideal current running east to west on the dive site, spotted at least 10 mantas and there were 2 to 4 mantas at a time, which were cleaning on the cleaning stations.
The guests wanted to repeat the dive again and managed to spot around 7 mantas. Apart from the mantas one other highlight was a Leopard Shark at the beginning of the dive at a depth of around 18 meters. Another excellent dive!
The third dive was at Dhigaa Thila; Very slow east to west current. The divers enjoyed this dive of how the reef formation is. A small wall with lots of swim-through’s and overhangs. Inside Sting Ray, lots of Snappers, Sweet lips, Cleaner Shrimps in small crevices. Colorful dive as we got to enjoy the Gorgonian fan corals and other hard corals.
Overnight at Raidhigaa Island and it’s a perfect night for barbeque dinner on the beach under a clear sky.
- Rangali Madivaru Dive Site
- More mantas on second try at Rangali Madivaru.
- Rangali Madivaru Manta Point repeated today after a majority of vote.
- From Whale Shark to Manta Rays.
- Rasdhoo Madivaru; Always a top dive.
- Pelagic resident.
- Dhonkalo Thila; a prominent dive site for Manta Ray.
- Adventurer 2 diverâ€™s witnessed 30 manta rays at Dhonkalo Thila.
- Black Pearl reports 3 whale sharks in one day.
- Diving activities on MV Black Pearl from 05th Jan to 6th Jan 2009